Pre-Maple School History
District #73 Lovely Valley consolidated with District #72 Midland.
District #71 Red Rock consolidated with district #65 Old Calumet, District #66 Oak and District #67 Mistletoe.
District #95 Eureka consolidated with District #72 Midland
Maple School History
On March 19, 1951, a Special School Meeting was held at the Deep Dale School House at 11:00 a.m. where 4 one-room school districts agreed to consolidate, forming a new school district. It was to be located at the Mistletoe School site and named Maple School District #162, after the Township Maple.
The 4 consolidating districts were:
District #63-Sunny Hill
District #67-Mistletoe + (#71 Red Rock 1/3)
District #75-Deep Dale
District #100-Blue Ridge
In 1957, 3 more one-room school districts consolidated into Maple School District.
District #72-Midland + (#73 Lovely Valley, #75 Eureka)
District #66-Oak + (#71 Red Rock - 1/3)
District #98-Lone Valley
In the beginning, only the Mistletoe and Blue Ridge buildings were attached to the north side of the existing building. There were 4 grades per room and a total of 2 teachers. After the last 3 districts became part of Maple, the Midland Building was attached to the south side. Another room was built to make a total of 4 classrooms; each room served 2 grades. In 1966, a new gym was built. Later, an addition was added to the south side of the gym for a kitchen, lunchroom and kindergarten classroom upstairs. In 1995, the present school building was built. The new gym was built in May 2014.